Thursday, May 29, 2008

Where I'm at and a site recommendation.

So at this time. I have five and a half chapter written for the novel I hope to get published. I have not written more for the story in months.

This does not mean that I'm not making progress. I have been practicing my creative writing skills, brushing up on my grammar rules and learning to outline. I'm getting to the point now where I feel I can continue.

My children are now out of school and I believe I will have more time to write, now that I'm no longer a taxi.

If anyone reads this blog, they will clearly see that I make dumb typos and strange grammar and punctuation errors, often. It is my goal to get better and better at writing properly automatically.

I have no problem with revising and editing my work. I actually enjoy that process. It's just better to have rules and such down so they are automatic. It will mean less time correcting the mechanics and more time adjusting my style.

I am going to try to post daily, if I can. I do try to make goals and complete them. Let's see if I can keep up this blog.

Everyday, I plan to post a website or book that I have found helpful in my journey to learn more.

Edittorent

I can't say enough good stuff about this site. Two editors post on writing and publication. The posts are like secret gold for an aspiring writer. We get an insight into the editors world and mind.

Easy to navigate and quickly find the topics that interest you at the time. I found the posts on point of view especially helpful.

Patty S.

No comments: