Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Can Barely Keep My Eyes Open

Today was a very good day for WriterPatty. :) I clocked in at over 6,000 words today, and completed chapter fourteen. I also have about 500 words done for chapter fifteen. If I don't keep expanding the story, I'll have it completed in plenty of time for Nanowrimo.

But my head is swimming in storyland now. When I close my eyes I see Bryan and Aimee and teenage angst. LOL!

I'm wondering about the silliness of my concern over chapter length. Am I just being nuts about it? I feel strongly that I need to keep them short so that I keep the attention of my young readers, and I'm finding natural places to end my chapters that make sense.

So, I think I should just stop thinking so much. The word count per chapter will change anyway, once I get to revising and self-editing. I'm sure I'll be taking complete scenes out and/or adding new scenes.

I'm just thrilled that this story is finally getting written and I'm thrilled that the story is just pouring out of me like crazy. Thank you, Lord. I feel so blessed. Here's hoping readers will feel blessed as they turn the pages of my book.

I've got to be up early in the morning for Church. I have a Junior Church to prepare for and a bunch of little girls who are counting on me to be awake when they get to my class. LOL! So, it's off to bed for me.

No comments: