Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Moving Forward

I haven't posted an entry in forever and a day. :) But I had good reason. We've moved. Not that far, but it took all my energy just to pack and unpack. The new place is spacious with a large fenced backyard. There's grass, tree house with swings and a covered concrete patio.

As far as my novel goes, well there's been some progress there as well. I've gotten the manuscript back from the last person who I wanted an opinion from. It was favorable with some really great suggestion that I took to heart and have implemented.

Currently, I'm in the process of writing the synopsis. I hope to have it finished sometime tomorrow night. Hopefully, I'll get the nerve to share my synopsis with a group of writers and get their input/critiques. The next step is to put a query letter together. And then I shall submit to the publisher I had in mind and start some research for other possible publishers just in case that one doesn't work out.

I sincerely hope that I can get this book published and that I can make a small amount of money off it. Every cent will be going to my church. Ten percent for the tithe and the remaining ninety percent to the building fund. God gets it all for the first book published, because I believe God is the source any and all talent I may or may not possess.

No comments: