Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'll Take an Editor Seriously

Not too long ago, I gave a recommendation for the Edittorrent Blog . If you are an aspiring writer, I highly recommend it still.

I've been a busy girl and haven't had a chance to read it lately. Tonight, I took a moment to glance at it and what did I find on the first page? A question and answer section.

One of the questions asked was: Do you ever reject because of bad grammar and other writer mistakes.

The editor's answer was a resounding YES! She remarked that she is always surprised at how often this is asked or even that it's asked at all. If our job is words, we should be able to know words and how to effectively put them together to communicate.

So, I don't feel bad about putting my novel on hold. In fact, I feel more inspired that I have been. Anyone reading this blog can clearly see that I still need help in the area of grammar and even more help with style. I'm not ashamed of that fact. I write in this blog to practice my skills. One day, I'll look back at these early posts and cringe at how poorly they were written, but at the same time, I'll be very happy to know I have improved.

No comments: