Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sick as a dog...but back. And one deuteragonist!

We've been sick, sick, sick. With seven of us in the family and all of us with various stages of some stomach, cough, fever think, I haven't had much time to blog.

I'm here now. : )

I saw an interesting topic on deuteragonists. The role of a deuteragonists is to help the reader better understand the protagonist's actions. The sidekick. I like this. My current WIP (work in progress) has a deuteragonists. She is the best friend of the protagonist. She changes hats like the Greek deuteragonists did. Some times she's the sounding board, sometimes she shows another angle to the protagonist's view point, and sometimes, she points out when the protagonist is being an awful human being.

I haven't done enough research on this new word, and maybe this is discussed in great detail in some over priced writer course? I just love to learn something new and thought I'd share it here.

No comments: