Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nanowrimo Update and Encouraging News about my Book

First off, Nano. I haven't been able to get on the site to update my word count, so it still reads a big fat zero. But, I have written over 6,000 words so far and I haven't even begun for the second day. God/Church is my priority on Sundays. I'm hoping to get at least a thousand words in before I have to go to sleep.

My first reader for my YA novel has just returned each chapter with corrections done with track changes (oh, track changes, how I love thee!) and with some fun comments on the side.

She's really given me hope. From all those notes, I gather a few things.

1. She loves my Main Male Character.
2. She felt passionate enough about some of the characters to hate them or love them.
3. I made her shed happy tears near the end.
and
4. She truly believes the book should get published.

Her exact words at the very end of the story was "Bloody Brilliant! If this doesn't get published, I'll eat my favourite hat. Good job. Well done."

I'm going to work on making her suggested corrections and then print out a copy for my husband to read. Then I need to get the nerve to ask someone to proofread it for me. I have someone in mind, but I'm glad I have some time before I actually have to ask. :)

I did say that I was going to edit/revise starting on Dec. 1, but my nano writing is going better than I expected, so I may just fit in time to work on the first book this month. We shall see.

I'm going to put a nano widget on my blog, as soon as I can sign in and get the code for it.

No comments: